Thoughts/ Advice

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

mark1987
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 14:40

Thoughts/ Advice

After some advice, We currently have in house cleaning (my self and one cleaner), Previous to this we had contractors in. But usual palavers of not turning up or doing the hours. My current cleaner has resigned and I have been asked if I am willing to take this on and have the extra money or to go back out to contractors ( I would still be required to do half). Just wondering if anyone else does anything similar? only cons i could think of are if i was sick the cover?. Pros i would get more money lol.
Go for it DONT hold back
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 15:26

Re: Thoughts/ Advice

If the experience of contract cleaning was so poor, why aren't they giving you the third option of replacing the cleaner?
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 19 18:22

Make sure you are paid the extra hours at caretakers` rates, rather than cleaners' rates.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 20 10:41

When i first started we had no cleaners and i did the lot, a bit in the morning before staff arrived and when the children went home at 3pm and carried out other work in between, as the school expanded i got extra cleaners and apart from one who was so lazy it was unbelievable the other one was brilliant. [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_sad]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)