Max Recycle

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 23 10:12

Max Recycle

Hi all,
Has anyone had any dealings with Max Recycle for their waste collection?
We are currently trying to get out of our contract with them as they charge extortionate amounts.
The small print on their invoice said we have to let them know in writing that we wish to cancel in a very small time frame window (I think it was something like no less than three months before contract renewal, and no more than 6 months before contract renewal).
We did that. They have just responded saying that we are bound in to a contract until 2025!! We have never signed that or agreed to that. We are requesting a copy if this “contract” from them (they are charging us £30 for this).
Any one else had this?
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 23 12:39

Re: Max Recycle

I take it you have a copy of the original contract?. If so you need to check all the relevant dates and the term length of the contract. Also if your contract has auto renewed in the past you need to check how long that is for. I have had some contracts that auto renewed for 5 years!. If you are 100% sure of your contract and are well within the cancellation time frame then email them your copy of the contract stating relevant dates etc and that as from xxx date any payments will cease. Do not pay £30 for a copy of the contract it is up to them to prove that your contract is invalid and show you proof. Hope this helps and hopefully a lesson learned for future.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2023 23 14:55

Re: Max Recycle

Auto renew contracts for all sorts of things should be banned.
It is far too easy for companies to rip people off, by inflating prices or altering the contracts in terms of timescale. [Mad.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]