Legionella temps.

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 13 17:53

Legionella temps.

I have 6 hot water tanks on site providing hot water in the washrooms. One of the tanks in EYFS is easily reached (the others are in roof voids).

Lately i have noted that the cylinder tank temp is only getting to 52 degrees before the tmv. The tmv is only a matter of 6 inches away from the tank. At first I thought it was because some clown had turned it of at the mains but no. I have turned the element up as far as it will go and put the timer onto continuous thinking it has not been on long enough. The element is not that old either. Has anyone any ideas what may be the problem.

Thanks.
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 13 20:02

Re: Legionella temps.

Has this been a slow or rapid drop in temperature? As in, what was your reading this time last month.
As you have said this is in a roof void, how well insulated is the tank and subsequent piping ? I’m no expert but could it be due to location and lack of insulation and with the drop in temperatures having an impact?
The other option ( depending on system type) is have a look for a tank stat. This is generally located 1/4 of they way up, held on by a strap. This could have come loose or faulty.