Fake Plants and display's

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

MrNeil
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 26 11:10

Fake Plants and display's

Hi everyone [Waving.png]

Now what do I do?
I have started in a new school and they and the trust like to create visual luring in virements with fake plants...
I have informed the head that they are a fire risk. and that the fire inspector probably wont like this. [JawDropped.png]
All I can think to do is to spry them with fire retardant spry. I will make a log of when they have been done. I was thinking of spraying them each term? what are your thoughts ?
Dose anyone else out there have the same problems ?

Thanks one and all [Like.png]
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 26 14:22

Re: Fake Plants and display's

They may be already fire retardent, and probably less easily set on fire than the displays already around the school
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 26 15:14

AndyCornwall wrote: 26th Sep 2022 at 2:22pm They may be already fire retardent, and probably less easily set on fire than the displays already around the school
Agree about being less of a fire hazard than displays. How many schools have corridoors/rooms with displays coming out at you from all angles?

I recently had a fire risk assessment carried out, and they were more concerned that the carpets were not fire retardant anymore, compared to one room where there is backing paper from floor to ceiling with work literally everywhere. That wasn't an issue....
AndyCornwall
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 26 16:30

Our FRA person is saying that many displays need to be reduced in size, or put behind glass/plastic etc. I do find it interesting that assessors have different views about such things
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 09:59

I personally feel you may be over worrying about the wrong things, what does the current FRA say about them? wait until your next Hand S audit/ FRA review. Let them make the call. You will be more likely to see action relating to them from the HT if documented on an audit or report. As others have said, Fire Risk assessors are usually more worried about the paper displays on cork boards
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 12:05

MrNeil wrote: 26th Sep 2022 at 11:10am Hi everyone [Waving.png]

Now what do I do?
I have started in a new school and they and the trust like to create visual luring in virements with fake plants...
I have informed the head that they are a fire risk. and that the fire inspector probably wont like this. [JawDropped.png]
All I can think to do is to spry them with fire retardant spry. I will make a log of when they have been done. I was thinking of spraying them each term? what are your thoughts ?
Dose anyone else out there have the same problems ?

Thanks one and all [Like.png]
I have never thought of them as a fire risk but then I've not given it much thought at all. What makes you think that they're a risk?
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 13:39

The only way you will no for sure is let the school buy them and display them up to the fire inspectors school inspection, if he flags it up then you and the school will know for sure it is a no, no. [Wink.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 14:17

EBJ wrote: 27th Sep 2022 at 1:39pm The only way you will no for sure is let the school buy them and display them up to the fire inspectors school inspection, if he flags it up then you and the school will know for sure it is a no, no. [Wink.png]
or you could ask the fire assessor in advance.....