CIF bid complaints??

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sep 2022 26 18:10

Re: CIF bid complaints??

I think somebody needs to report the incidents to the HSE before somebody gets seriously hurt or killed. [JawDropped.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 26 20:57

Vera wrote: 26th Sep 2022 at 5:55pm Hi Taz,
this was a complete re roof stripped down to the steel decking the cost of it is eye watering..

There is a designed in gradient supplied by the insulation company the term "flat roof" is a misnomer ours is supposed to be a gentle gradient roof.
Unfortunately your conclusion of fingers in pies appears to be entirely correct

Wow, well that just shows how bad a job it really is. If there is pooling on the roof after supposedly having a gradient put in, then did anyone tell the people installing it!?

The more you say/show, the worse the situation appears to get Vera. Completely understand your concerns, and I'm not sure I'd be able to keep my cool after all the aggro you've had with that lot!!
hawkwind
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 07:48

Shocking standard of work never mind all of the other health and safety issues.
I cannot believe that they have also specified a felt bitchumen roof opposed to fibreglass or edpm that would last year's longer and easier to repair.
You will soon have ongoing issues with leaks that will only be resolved by another complete stripdown and completely redone.
They can't fire me. Slaves have to be sold.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 07:59

hawkwind wrote: 27th Sep 2022 at 7:48am Shocking standard of work never mind all of the other health and safety issues.
I cannot believe that they have also specified a felt bitchumen roof opposed to fibreglass or edpm that would last year's longer and easier to repair.
You will soon have ongoing issues with leaks that will only be resolved by another complete stripdown and completely redone.
Thank you,
Its nice to hear others confirm my thoughts as I thought I was going mad and just being over picky (I can be like that sometimes, OCD and all that)
The choice of roof covering was not ours as it was all decided by the person controlling the bid.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
hawkwind
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 08:14

I could be wrong here but looking at the finishing on the joints it looks like it's been done very poorly with hot bitumen felt rather than hot melt bitumen that would have done a far better job.
Is there no clerk of works overseeing the job.
They can't fire me. Slaves have to be sold.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 08:40

hawkwind wrote: 27th Sep 2022 at 8:14am I could be wrong here but looking at the finishing on the joints it looks like it's been done very poorly with hot bitumen felt rather than hot melt bitumen that would have done a far better job.
Is there no clerk of works overseeing the job.
There is a site manager but he is rarely there and when he is he has lied and not delivered what was promised.
There is a project manager but he only seems concerned with getting the job finished and protecting the roofing company and site manager all the while saying he is on our side..
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 08:43

hawkwind wrote: 27th Sep 2022 at 7:48am Shocking standard of work never mind all of the other health and safety issues.
I disagree - three layer felt will last well. I've just had a load of mine redone through CIF and the guarantee is as good as other materials. It's replaced both rubber and single ply roof coverings that just haven't lasted as well.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 08:46

Vera wrote: 26th Sep 2022 at 3:11pm FR6 insulation block heightsharp edges.jpg
This is apparently fine...
FR6 insulation corner shap edge height difference.jpg
As is this the dark stain is where water had gathered this after 5 days of dry weather..
FR6 water holding poor run off-levels.jpg

FR6 center gulley water length.jpg
This is 3m long and goes from dry to 30mm deep in the middle to dry at the other end..
Looks like a quality job to me.. [Thumb_up.png]

Comments please
Pics 1 & 2 are baffling. Why would they accept that?

The other two look normal for flat roofs to me. I've spoken about this with surveyors I trust and it's accepted with the seal of the roof.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 08:48

Vera wrote: 26th Sep 2022 at 2:48pm ESFA? sorry I'm not familiar with that one.
Education & Skills Funding Agency. They're who give the CIF money and who you have to give progress reports back to.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sep 2022 27 09:03

Nail wrote: 27th Sep 2022 at 8:48am Education & Skills Funding Agency. They're who give the CIF money and who you have to give progress reports back to.
Thanks. [Like.png]