Strike day on Wednesday

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

TheTakerofCare
Feb 2023 03 10:23

Re: Strike day on Wednesday

Tom 1964 wrote: 3rd Feb 2023 at 9:46am Mr TakerofCare

On the contrary, the deputy is the most disliked person in the school by so many staff members that it probably came as a relief she wasn't in that day. [Big grin.png]
Absolutely irrelevant, they had the courage to walk out after voting to strike, to actually lose a days pay, a direct hit on their pension and are prepared to do it again.

I would ask how many in your school voted to strike and went to work helping create a situation where people are putting their futures in jeopardy.

You can hate the person as much as you like, but I wager you this, they weren’t the only one to vote to strike in your school, but they were the only ones decent enough to carry out their threat to support their colleagues in what is turning out to be their hour of need.

Union’s success is built on the resolve of membership. Your hated deputy will I know doubt in time be on the right side of this dispute, so all those people who hate her enjoy the rise in pay and pension, she will see at best 75% of her labours as the rise will be paying back lost pay and pension, hope your wife buys her flowers as a thank you with the extra money.
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2023 03 14:54

Re: Strike day on Wednesday

TheTakerofCare wrote: 3rd Feb 2023 at 10:23am Absolutely irrelevant, they had the courage to walk out after voting to strike, to actually lose a days pay, a direct hit on their pension and are prepared to do it again.

I would ask how many in your school voted to strike and went to work helping create a situation where people are putting their futures in jeopardy.

You can hate the person as much as you like, but I wager you this, they weren’t the only one to vote to strike in your school, but they were the only ones decent enough to carry out their threat to support their colleagues in what is turning out to be their hour of need.

Union’s success is built on the resolve of membership. Your hated deputy will I know doubt in time be on the right side of this dispute, so all those people who hate her enjoy the rise in pay and pension, she will see at best 75% of her labours as the rise will be paying back lost pay and pension, hope your wife buys her flowers as a thank you with the extra money.
Iv'e read my post again and nowhere in it does it contain the word "hate".

As for my school, about a third participated in the strike. Some went for coffee, others for a bit of lunch but rest assured they took their placards with them.
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off