Training

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Caretaker980
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 15 11:34

Training

Good morning Guys,

Looking into doing the nebosh course, have any of you been on this and is it worth doing? I have done my Iosh which was fairly straight forward.

Thanks [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_snowball]
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 15 12:25

Re: Training

Well worth it. There are companies who will do it in about 10 straight days of training with the exams at the end. I did mine differently, Northumbria University were running a one night a week evening class for about 9 months, this was 2014 and it cost £1000 which the school paid. There were 3 exams to do at the end, 2 three hour ones sitting at a desk in the exam room and then a practical which you have to do in your own time and hand in with a couple of weeks of the last exam. Search around for local providers and let the school decide how they will let you do it, mine didn't want me out of school for 10 straight days so that's why i did it as an evening class. Go for it, a lot of work but worth it in the end and it could lead to better future employment.
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 15 12:26

I have done it. It’s very intense and a lot of work. A lot if it is to do with industry and not too applicable to schools. Having said that, it is a very good qualification to have on your CV and can lead to better jobs. If your school is paying for you to do it, go for it.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
Swatch
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 16 11:28

I'm doing my NEBOSH general cert currently. If you can afford classroom tuition it'll be a lot easier than the remote learning option. You do need to set aside time for it (something I've managed very badly) but yes it is an industry (and internationally) recognised qualification and well worth having. Especially if school are paying!