Snow day

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 12 07:49

Snow day

Well been messaging the head since 6am, I haven't even made it outside of my estate (electric gates are stuck), and the snow, where untouched, is easily about 6 inches deep!! Stranded cars at the end of my road, and with the roads not much better around school, we are closed today.

Forecast is for little/no more snow (depending where you look) but temperatures due to drop to -3/-4 tonight, so could also cause issues tomorrow. Depending on conditions later, I may venture in towards school to check/do a bit of clearing, but until then, I'm going to enjoy the morning off playing outside with my 2 year old 😀
Sgtspite1968
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 12 09:42

Re: Snow day

Got in at 5am, did the RA and cleared that whole site including all drives and paths.
Then decision taken to close due to lack of staff so long walk back home [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_undecided]
outdoorman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 12 17:15

I'm like you got in early, cleared the paths and car park. still here 12 hours + later 24,000 steps and absolutely --- censored word ---. Roll on the last 15 months [--- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) ---_santaclaus]
MRB
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 15 08:43

i have cleared car park and paths now they want me too clear playgrounds do i have to do this im not a machine.
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Dec 2022 15 08:51

MRB wrote: 15th Dec 2022 at 8:43am i have cleared car park and paths now they want me too clear playgrounds do i have to do this im not a machine.
Possibly. depends on the particulars of your contract.

Have you done it before?
Do you have the equipment to do large scale clearance?
is it going to cause more problem by clearing? icy surfaces, piles of snow, etc

Do a risk assessment, get the powers to sign it off

I created a snow plan that has been signed off by the governors. this specifically states carparks and playgrounds will not be cleared
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!